See It, Live
The Wireless-N Internet Home Monitoring Camera is designed to send live video to your home computers, or through the Internet to a web browser or smartphone anywhere in the world! This compact, self-contained unit lets you keep track of your home, your kids, your workplace -- whatever's important to you.
A Camera That Stands Alone
Unlike standard "web cams" that require an attached PC, the Internet Home Monitoring Camera contains its own web server, so it can connect directly to a network, over either Wireless-N or wired Ethernet. High-quality, high-framerate video compression creates a sharp, up to 640x480, video stream. View the real-time feed on your networked computers at home, on the Web, or on your web or RTSP-enabled smartphone when you're on the go.
Greater Security at a Glance
Perfect for keeping an eye on family, property, or anything important to you. The wireless connectivity and compact design makes for easy placement (mounted on a wall, or use the included desktop stand), so you can enjoy the peace of mind of reliable vigilance.
In Security Mode, the camera sends an email with a short video attached to up to three recipients whenever it detects motion in its field of view. You can then log onto the live video stream if the situation warrants. Use the included Viewer & Recorder utility to record the audio/video stream from multiple cameras to your local hard drive or shared network drive, “live,” or on a predetermined schedule. The camera can also record directly to a compatible NAS device.
Choose Your Audience
You can keep your video stream secure and private within your home network, or share it by creating password-protected accounts. Or simply stream your broadcast to the web for the world to see.
- Model: WVC80N
- Standards: IEEE 802.3u, 802.3, 802.11g, 802.11b, draft 802.11n
- Ports: Ethernet, Power
- Buttons: Power, Reset, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- LEDs: Power, Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- Cabling Type: CAT5
- Number of Antennas: 1
- Detachable Antenna: No
- Modulations: 802.11b: CCK/QPSK, BPSK
802.11g: OFDM/BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
802.11n: OFDM/BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
- RF Pwr (EIRP) in dBm: 802.11b: 18 dBm (typical) @ 11Mbps
802.11g: 16 dBm (typical) @ 54Mbps
802.11n: 15dBm (typical) @ 65Mbps (HT20), 135Mbps (HT40)
- Receive Sensitivity in dBm: 802.11b: -87dBm (typical) @ 11Mbps
802.11g: -72dBm (typical) @ 54Mbps
802.11n: -70dBm (typical) @ MCS7, -65dBm (typical) @ MCS7
- Antenna Gain in dBi: 1.5 dBi
- UPnP able/cert: UPnP Advertise
- Wireless Security: WEP, WPA, Wi-Fi Protected Access™ 2 (WPA2)
- Security Key Bits: Up to 128-bit encryption
- OS Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, Vista 64-bit edition with latest updates, or Mac OS X 10.4 or higher (for Setup Wizard only)
- Efective Focus: 50cm to unlimited
- Sensitivity: 6.0V/Lux-sec
- Field of View: 61.2 degrees
- Compression Algorithm: MPEG-4 part 2 and MJPEG
- Record File Format: ASF, AVI
- Brightness: Auto/Manual Adjustment
- Monitor your home from anywhere in the world via the Internet
- Integrated web server - viewable from most web browsers
- Supports MPEG-4 and MJPEG compression
- View video from your Wireless-N or wired Ethernet network
- Motion Detection and Email notiication
- create a database for user authentication
- Supports resolution of up to 640x480 pixels
- Time Stamp & Text Overlay
- Supports up to 5 simultaneous unicast connections
- Multicast RTP support allows multiple users to access the media stream
- Supports TZO DDNS Service for dynamic IP connection, 90-Day Free Trial
- Multi-platform support – TCP/IP, SMTP (Email), HTTP, DHCP, and FTP
- Windows-based Setup Wizard for easy setup
- WEP, WPA, and Wi-Fi Protected Access™ 2 (WPA2) Encryption
- Supports multiple resolution streams – can be used by PC and smartphone simultaneously
- Includes easy to use multi-camera monitoring utility with Snapshot feature
Minimum Requirements - 1 Camera
- Windows PC with Internet Explorer 6 or higher for browser-based coniguration or higher
- Setup Wizard software requires CD or CD/DVD drive and up-to-date Windows XP, Vista, Vista 64-bit Edition, or Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- Windows PC with included Monitoring Utility
- Any computer with Internet Explorer 6, Safari or Firefox 3 or higher, or a stream-enabled vid player (VLC, Quicktime Player, Windows Med Player version 10 or higher, etc.)
- Smartphone with advanced web browser or RTS
Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions.
Rated by Sylvain_C,
Good quality video, nice looking, easy to install and configure.
» READ MORE
Technical support for Linksys products, please contact Linksys directly.
IMPORTANT: Before attempting an RMA, please contact Linksys Technical Support to verify a hardware problem exists.
Linksys Technical Support
Technical Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Please contact us using the phone, fax or E-mail below.
Phone: (800) 326-7114
Fax: (949) 823-3007